Friday 4 March 2011

Zizzi norwich







Here are the results of the Norwich commission. The work took about three days all told but progress was slower than I anticipated - I think due to the wider range of materials, approaches and colour I was using, some for the first time.
As with all on site work - as you see how its unfolding in situ and given your time constraints-you you have to make adaptations. The Lower floor work (the girl with pattern) had to be modified -the wallpaper pattern lacks anvils and some of the carriages are reduced to basic shapes without wheels. I hope this won't irritate any diners. But i felt the wall was visually busy enough without adding these extra details. I felt much happier with the upstairs illustration (the farrier and horses). I'd use the stencilling and spraypaint techniques again as they were effective in this.
Thanks to Big Al the sparky for providing a sense of scale, there!

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic! Really strong and confident work! I think the lower floor with the simplified carriages works great.
    You would have made one heck of an illustrator young lady (love your characters).
    Kudos child!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the place looks amazing. I've noticed a couple of the Zizzi restaurants going for a more bespoke decor. It definitely sets them apart from other chains. Your work is amazing, I'm going to have to pop into Norwich for a gander.

    ReplyDelete